Wednesday, July 23, 2008

help with tools, please...

Greetings from Brunswick, Maine.

It has been a long, strange trip.

Conference? Did we attend a conference? I forget.

I am knee deep in college campus visits, view books, tours, and engineering jargon I do not understand.

I am still processing the fact that a teacher resigned on Monday, and so now I have a few weeks (with friends visiting and a trip to Milwaukee) to hire a new teacher. Ugh!

Okay, enough of my own personal pity party, back to technology. I did have fun spending time with all of you and look forward to continuing "the work."

So as I chronicle the college road trip, I do not know how to embed photos or slide shows into my blog...

Jen and Barb, for the less tech savvy among us, please advise...

KM

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh no...Karen....arghh!!! On to your question:

EASIEST:
If you simply want to stick a single photo into a post, there's a tool right on the editing toolbar when you're composing your post. (It looks like a tiny photograph.) You can decide what kind of alignment you want and how large you want the photo to appear.

SORTA EASY:
You could use Flickr or Kodak or Snapfish, etc. to upload & create a slideshow, then stick a direct link to the slideshow's URL in your post

NOT SO EASY, BUT SATISFYING:
If you have a series of photos you want to have appear as a slideshow, I've been having good luck with Bubbleshare, which is yet another tool you can get a free account for. You'll upload a series of photos, tell it which kind of slideshow you want (small, large, scrolling, etc.). Once you've created your slideshow, view it and look for the "Add to My Blog" link. This will give you a bunch of HTML gobbledygook which you can then paste directly into your post.

VIDEO:
You'd essentially do the same thing as with Bubbleshare, but instead use a video uploading tool like YouTube or TeacherTube (which is a teacher- and kid-friendly version of YouTube.) Again, once your video is uploaded, you'll look for a link along the lines of "share" or "embed" or "add to my blog" which will give you the code you need.

Try it on your own and post your next set of questions when you get stuck! I hope the college tour's going well and that Maine is a little less HUMID than the Cape!

~B

Barbara said...

PS: My dad went to Bowdoin!!

Kathleen said...

Thanks, Barb.
I am learning new tricks all the time.

We did not go to Bowdoin, just Bates...too colleged out!

KM